Common Causes of Neck Pain
Degenerative Disc Disease
Common Symptoms of your sore neck
Irrespective of whether you suspect you may have one of these aforementioned conditions, symptoms of neck pain can be similar.
There are also plenty of other conditions we haven’t touched on yet.
Here are the most common symptoms one can experience:
- Localised pain in the neck
- Stiffness and inability to fully turn the neck
- Referred pain up into the scalp, face or TMJ
- Sharp neurological pain localised and referred.
- Trouble concentrating
- Dizziness and trouble balancing
At home preventative tips
Some of the ways that you can prevent or assist when you have a sore neck yourself are:
- Use a heat pack
- For acute conditions if heat isn’t helping use an ice pack
- If your body allows, try gentle stretches on the shoulders and neck
- Gentle massage with your fingers and a cooling balm like tiger balm
- Take pain relief and anti inflammatory as prescribed by your doctor.
- Deep breathing, this is for stress management but can assist in loosening up anterior nerve pain.