For a little while you could feel totally weightless?
Imagine floating in divine warm water, whilst all the tension you carry around every day, simply melts away.
The heaviness you feel dissipates and you get to truly rest.
These are just some of the benefits of floating during pregnancy.
Around the half way mark the baby's growth becomes more rapid in size.
At this stage the pressures of pregnancy start presenting themselves.
With the center of gravity changing, hips start getting sore.
The mid back aches, shoulders throb and the low back gets very sore.
Not only this but there is a constant sense of heaviness and fatigue.
Floating during pregnancy is one way that you can release some of this tension, whilst you relax.
Benefits of Floating During Pregnancy
- Complete weightlessness whilst you float, no sense of heaviness.
- The buoyancy experienced completely takes the pressures of the baby off your joints.
- Magnesium absorbed whilst floating decreases muscular tension instantly and reduces those painful cramps.
- Having a choice of sensory isolation promotes optimal rest. Most of our pregnant mums fall asleep in the tank.
- The relaxing nature of floating improves fatigue and your energy levels.
- It is completely safe to lie flat on your back as you do not have pressure from underneath. This means you don't need to worry about being elevated on one side.
Is Floating safe during Pregnancy?
The water in the tank is also only heated to body temperature so there is no risk of you overheating.
As we know you are very relaxed when you hop out of the tank, we are mindful that it is easy to lose your balance.
The greatest risk you face is falling asleep... and we encourage that!
Whether you remain in a dream state or you're out like a light, you will definitely feel better and rested at the end of your float.
"Bra off hair up, belly out, sit back relax, float and catch up on the rest you didn’t know you needed.."
Is Floating Hygenic?
Yes! Not much grows in such a saline environment!
The pump in the floatation tank is very strong.
As this isn't a spa and there is not a lot of water, it gets filtered between each appointment in about 10 minutes. It also filters the water over night.